Ozone has revolutionized the way we practice! We utilize oxygen/ozone therapy in all aspects of dental care to treat the cause of the problem not just the symptom. This produces a proactive approach to treatment rather than solely engaging in damage control.
HOW DOES OXYGEN/OZONE THERAPY WORK?
Ozone is a powerful oxidant. Bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites have little or no antioxidant enzymes in their cell membranes. Without this protection, ozone oxidizes (burns a hole through) the pathogen's cell membrane causing it to rupture, resulting in cell death. Healthy cells have antioxidant enzymes in their cell membranes and are not harmed by therapeutic levels of ozone. It is impossible to be allergic to Ozone and there are no toxic byproducts. The final breakdown of Ozone results in water and oxygen.